Tuesday, October 14, 2008

CATCH of the DAY!

one of the ways Tommy spends his weekends! he's gotten to be a pretty good spear fisher!! a huge eel Tom and his friend Nate brought home!
pretty good eatin'!
Megan and Emma on the boat after one of the guys "fishing mornings". The "guys" go out early and, when we're ready we meet up with them on the boat or beach. (docked at Ko'olina)

taco anyone?
everyone's catch or should i say spears of the day!
tommy preparing his taco (octopus) for supper!
into the pot he goes! i'm pretty sure it will be yummy!

YUMMMM.... it was soooo good! we're sure loving all the delicacies tommy keeps bringing home. we've had eel, taco, tuna, wahoo, mahi-mahi, and many many other types of fish (the freshest you can get!), almost everything has been absolutely delicious!!!!

7 comments:

jarispry said...

canNOT wait til we get to come see you!!! def want to spend a day on the water if you still have your boat!
xo to you all!

sharonjo said...

We love keeping up with your busy life through your blog. We always look forward to your new posts and love the pictures.

I have to say, looking at that octopus going into the frying pan--eeeewwwww!!! Same goes for that eel! You're brave eating that stuff.

Love you and miss you all. Sharon

Anonymous said...

OH I am SO jealous! That looks a litte amazing! I often find myself explaining TO myself why I SHOULD NOT CONSIDER trying to find a job teaching in Hawaii! Everytime I look at your post, I ask myself why I shouldn't!! You lucky, lucky girl! Keep on posting!

kdsmith7 said...

I will 2nd Sharon's "Eeeeeewwww!!!" to that octopus going into the water!!! But, that said, it would be an awesome experience to get to try all those things! You are lucky to be living all this! And I know you know that & you are doing a grand job of doing it to the best of your abilities! You'll never regret all that you have tried & done, etc. So good to get it all documented, as you think you will never forget so many things, but over time you lose many of the little things, but the pics will help keep it all fresh & clear! FUN!!!

yellowbugger said...

love your hawaiian adventures!! fishing there is a whole different game, huh?? far cry from the river walleye around here!! :0)

Anonymous said...

That is so cool!! I cant believe everything you guys have caught and even cooked. I would be afraid! WE miss you guys!!! have fun!!

Nicole said...

Well the fishing looks like fun but I'm not a huge seafood fan so I'd have to skip the dinners. It looks like Tommy's having a great time though!