Wednesday, October 22, 2008

MONK SEALS! Kaena Point, hike from the north side

Last weekend we hiked the north side of Kaena Point. We made it all the way to the point this time. Once we got there we were in for quite a surprise... check it out! The O'Grady's
Emma, Me, Megan and Tom
It was a long way for those little legs, so this is how the girls got most of the way back. Isn't Daddy strong.... did I mention it was OVER 2.5 MILES one way!!!!
MONK SEALS!!!
How awesome is that at the destination point! There were 3 of them, 2 Adults and a BABY! This is pretty neat! Monk seals are an endangered species, so how neat to see three of them in one place!
The Baby is the brown one...lots of blubber. The Adults are the two in the back.
We sat and had a picnic while watching the seals and the wonderful view!
The girls and I checking things out.
Aren't they CUTE!
Emma thinks the baby is pretty neat!The girls and I hiking...we're almost there!
What a GREAT day spent with our family, I LOVE these days!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is soo, sooo, sooooo awesome! What amazing memories you are creating for you and your family!! Oh, and I told your dad that he needs to grab me some more Kona coffee when he's there (whole bean, medium roast) and that he should grab some for his brother too (ground vanilla something blend). I thought I'd tell you though as you might remember better! I wish I was coming back!!

jarispry said...

way cool! will they still be around when we come visit? that would be awesome! wonderful memories!

xo!

kdsmith7 said...

Oh Jenna! How COOL!!!

Nicole said...

Looks like fun!